Server Admins can utilize the server's Windows Task Manager to end running programs. Non-Server Admins can end their own applications, just not anyone else's.
1. Bring up the server's Task Manager using one of these three methods:
• Right-click on the server's taskbar and choose "Task Manager"
• Press CTRL + SHIFT + Esc to bring up the Task Manager
• Click on the server's Start Menu / Windows System / Task Manager
2. Click on the "Users" tab (may need to choose "More details" first)
3. From here you can highlight the user and "Sign out" or right-click and "Sign off". Or if you just want to end a program you can expand the user by clicking on the arrow to the left of their name which will reveal all of the running programs. You can right-click one and "End task" on it.
The above example illustrates how you can end the QuickBooks process for a user. You can either right-click on "QuickBooks (32-bit)" and choose "End task", or highlight "QuickBooks (32-bit)" and press the "End task" button in the lower-right corner.
4. Server Admins can also log users off of the server. To do this simply right-click their name and choose "Sign off".