I. Welcome Email Contents
- TruGrid Setup Guide- TruGrid Setup Guides
- Password Link
II. How To Log Into The Server, And What Is Multi-Factor Authentication
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Explanation
- Redirect Drives (Windows)- How To Redirect Drives For Windows Computers
- Redirect Clipboard- Redirect Clipboard Through TruGrid Connector
- Redirect Printer- Redirect Printers
- Display Settings- How To Adjust Display Settings
III. How to log off the server, and how to change a user's password
- Use the red Logoff Windows Icon.
- Use the gold key icon and choose Change Password.
IV. Self-Service Options
- Knowledge Base- Knowledgebase Website
- Youtube- Summit's YouTube Channel
- Master Add Form- Master Add Form - Summit
- Password Reset through TruGrid Connector- Reset Password Via TruGrid
V. Tasks Your Server Admin Can Perform
All of the below tasks can be completed by your server admin by right-clicking on the associated file and selecting Run as Administrator from the list.
- Application Installs
VI. Submit A Ticket For Assistance
- Ticket Submission Website: https://ticket.summithosting.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
VII. Frequently Asked Questions About Backups
- How far back do the backups go?
We keep backups for 15 concurrent days for disaster recovery purposes by default, i.e. the server breaks or if you have some customer data that corrupted or was accidentally deleted.
- How often is the data backed up?
Data is backed up once per evening/early morning as part of a backup window in our backup systems. Due to the nature of a backup window, the exact time your system(s) get backed up could be different for each window.
- Can we do a point-in-time restore?
Our backups do allow a point-in-time restore of the full VM or individual files.
- What’s the procedure for doing a restore?
Submit a ticket through the normal process. Ideally with as much information as possible, i.e. When do you need the restore from, where is the file(s)/folder location, and if there are any specific needs for the data or restore location you would like.
- What’s the granularity for doing a restore? (i.e. one file, one folder, etc.)
Anywhere from one file all the way up to the full System.
- Can we do a restore to an alternate location?
We can restore to any file/folder location you need yes. An example would be if you wanted us to restore an excel sheet but instead of the original location, you want it restored to another user's desktop, etc. If you need anything outside of that we can work with you on that of course.
- How do we handle it if, say, in the future, we need the ability to restore a month ago, 6 months ago or a year ago?
We keep a default retention of backups for 15 days. We can create custom retention plans for longer data retention if needed but it would be a monthly charge. Summit's Client Experience team can assist with this.
- Is there a fee associated with restoring from a backup?
We provide restoration services for free in the event of corrupted/lost/deleted data as part of our services. There is a $49 charge for active customers who want data restored from a point in time for archival purposes, etc. Additionally, for customers who have terminated services with us but then come back in a month needing data from us, there is a $500 charge for an archival restore.
- Do you do maintenance file backups (i.e. Sage Backups, QuickBooks backups, etc...)?
We backup the raw data, meaning, whatever you save on the server. Some applications have maintenance backup where you log in to your company file and create a backup. You as a user will have to create this backup since this will require you to log in to your specific Company File.
VIII. How To Move Company Data To The Server