Summit customers use the TruGrid Connector to access their Hosted Servers. TruGrid provides an added layer of security for users with Admin rights and any non-admin users who desire an added layer of security.
Who is required to have Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) enabled?
- All admin users are required to have MFA enabled for their accounts.
- It is optional but recommended for non-admins to have MFA enabled
What does Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) do for me?
TruGrid MFA will send an authentication to 1 of three locations:
- TruGrid Authenticator- Smart Phone app available from Apple and Android stores. It will provide both the options for a push notification (press allow on the prompt) or a code you can manually type into the TruGrid Connector.
- SMS Messaging- a code will be sent to your phone via a text message that you will then type into the TruGrid Connector.
- Email- A code will be sent to your email for you to type into the TruGrid Connector.
How do I enable/disable MFA on my account?
- To enable MFA submit a ticket to Summit Support and our support team will make the change for you.
- To disable MFA submit a ticket to Summit Support. We will remove any admin rights you currently have and then disable MFA for your account.
How do I reset the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to change the authentication method or phone number used?
You can either select Reset MFA within the TruGrid Connector or submit a ticket to Summit Support and we will process that for you. Once it has been reset you will be prompted to set it up again on your next login.