If you are the Admin of your server, you can install the updates that Sage occasionally releases. For example, if you currently have Sage 50 2020.2 and Sage releases 2020.3, you can install it! This is a quick process, generally around ten minutes.
Note: If you close Sage and receive the message "There is a program update ready to be installed. Please have an administrator login and install the updates on the machine that is hosting Sage 50", that means that Sage already downloaded the update to your server, and you can skip straight down to step number 6.
1. Log into your server as you normally would.
2. Right-click on the Sage 50 icon and click Run as Administrator from the menu.
3. Enter the Admin credentials when prompted.
4. Click on Services> Check For Updates> Check Now
5. If any results say "Entitled", check that update(s) and choose Download
6. Once the download has been completed close Sage 50. Press OK on the message: "There is a program update ready to be installed. Please have an administrator login and install the updates on the machine that is hosting Sage 50".
7. Right-click on the Sage 50 icon and click Run as Administrator from the menu.
8. Enter the Admin credentials as needed.
9. When Sage 50 opens it should prompt you to install the updates.
10. If prompted to reboot do so.
If you run anyone any issues with the above steps contact Sage 50 support for assistance.
You can reach Sage Support at 1-866-996-7243
If Sage support does return a solution that requires our assistance, please submit a ticket and we will work with their instructions.