QuickBooks Uninstall Process:
- Document the License and Product numbers from the existing install
- Have a Server Admin open the Windows Start menu.
- Search for “Control Panel”, then open Control Panel from the search results.
- Click Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- From the list of programs, click the version of QuickBooks Desktop you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall/Change and then Remove.
- Click Next. If you don’t see this option, sign out and sign back into the Server as an Administrator
- Delete the QBDB service by opening Command Prompt as Administrator and typing: sc delete quickbooksdb## (where ## is the version, 28 for 2018, etc.)
- Delete the QBDataServiceUser## within Computer Management> System Tools> Local Users and Groups> Users
- Reboot the server
QuickBooks Install Process:
Install QuickBooks by choosing the middle option, "I'll be using QuickBooks on this computer, AND I'll be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network"
QuickBooks Downloads: https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products
- After the install, activate/register QuickBooks (if possible)
- Add QBDataServiceUser## to the server's Administrators group from within Computer Management> System Tools> Local Users and Groups> Users
- Open services.msc and:
- Change the QuickBooksDB## startup type to Automatic
- Stop the QBIDPService service
- Delete the following file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\Intuit Data Protect
- Give the All Users group Full Control on the following three folders:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit
- Reboot and ensure that the QuickBooksDB## service and QBIDPService are still set to Automatic and running.