Unrecoverable Error - QuickBooks
When a user tries to open the QuickBooks file, it immediately sends an "unrecoverable error."
Requirements to Complete this Process:
- Access to the server.
- Access to the QuickBooks file.
Steps and Screenshots:
Suppress your QuickBooks Desktop
Step I: Suppress the Desktop while starting QuickBooks
- Press and hold the Ctrl key.
- Double-click your QuickBooks application icon.
- Hold the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window shows.
Step II: Suppress the Desktop while opening a Company File
- Select the desired company file from the No Company Open window.
- Press and hold the Alt key, then select Open.
- If you are prompted for your log-in information, release the Alt key, then enter your user name and password.
Important: If you are not prompted for your user name and password, do not release the Alt key.
- Press and hold the Alt key, then select OK. Do not release the Alt key until your file is completely open.
Note: QuickBooks will display a blank screen. If you can highlight a QuickBooks menu by just hovering your pointer to it, your company file is completely open.