How To Always Open QuickBooks Company Files In Multi-User Mode
Every time a user accesses the QuickBooks file, it will always open in Multi-User mode.
Requirements to Complete this Process:
- Access to the server.
- Access to the QB file.
Steps and Screenshots:
- If you are currently logged in to the QuickBooks file, go to File> Close Company file/Logoff.
- You should see the screen in the screenshot below. Note the File Location then highlight the QuickBooks file and click Edit List
- Click the file to hide, then click OK
- Browse for your QuickBooks company file again, you may follow this guide: Manually Browse To A QuickBooks Company File
- Before you open the QuickBooks file, you have to make sure you click the box Open file in multi-user mode (see screenshot below)
- The next time you log in, your QB file should always open in Multi-User.
Note: It is recommended to have all users replicate these steps once to make sure everyone is opening it in Multi-user mode.