15212 Quickbooks Payroll
When downloading payroll or QuickBooks updates, you receive error 12159 or one of the following error 15212 messages:
- "The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again. You must successfully download the update by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates window."
- "The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully."
- "The payroll update did not complete successfully. The location for the shared download is not accessible."
These errors can be caused by a shared download drive that is not mapped, is not accessible, or has insufficient access permissions.
Requirements to Complete this Process:
- Access to the server
- The correct version of QuickBooks
- Payroll Subscription
Steps and Screenshots:
Verify QuickBooks is up to date
- On the server right-click on QuickBooks and select Run as Administrator
- Click Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Click the Options tab
- For Shared Download, click No
- Click Save
- Click Update Now tab
- Click Reset Update check box
- Click Get Updates then confirm on the pop up message
Note: If updates are downloaded you will receive a message letting you know there are pending updates. Repeat steps 1, 2, 6, and 8.
If QuickBooks fails to update
- Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\
- Select the correct Quickbooks version folder
- Open the Components folder
- Open the Download QB## Folder
- Delete the entire contents of the folder
- Open QuickBooks as Administrator again and download updates.
Article is closed for comments.