To verify the QBDB version follow these steps on the virtual server:
- Click Start
- Type Add or Remove Programs
- Click Add or Remove Programs from the search results
- Locate the QuickBooks version from the list
- Look in the Version column. The database version will be the last number in the third set of numbers. For example "26.0.4003.2607", the version would be 3 (QBDB26 v3).
To upgrade QBDB:
- Install the latest version of QB Enterprise on the QuickBooks server.
- For the installation type select Custom and Network options
- Choose the option that says "I'll be using QB Desktop on this computer, AND I'll be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network."
**Note - If in an environment where there is a QuickBooks server and a separate database server, the only QBDB that matters is the database server, not the QuickBooks server.