Many QuickBooks printing issues can be resolved by deleting the QBPRINT.qbp file. Some of these issues and errors are:
• Invoices/checks only displaying partially or out of alignment
• Lines not printing when they should be
• "Paper Size…" error
• "The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not currently being used by another program or a read-only file. The Windows error was "The file exists"
• "The form you are about to print does not fit on the page. You may wish to modify your print settings such as portrait/landscape. Click OK to print anyway, or Cancel to skip printing this form." error
Automated (Easiest) Method:
1. Download the attached "Delete_QBPRINT.bat" file to your local machine
2. Copy the file to your server's desktop
3. Warn any users who are currently using QuickBooks to save their work and close QuickBooks
4. Double-click the .bat file
5. You'll see a black window for a couple seconds. After it has disappeared you may launch QuickBooks and continue working.
The .bat file will first automatically end all QBW32.exe processes that are currently running, and then it will delete any QBPRINT.qbp files that reside in the C:\ProgramData\Intuit and C:\Users directories.
Video Link for Automated Process
To delete the QBPRINT file manually (Advanced Method):
1. All instances of QuickBooks MUST be closed, otherwise this process will not work. So QuickBooks should be closed by all users.
2. To ensure QuickBooks is not running on the server, have a server Admin right-click on the taskbar and open the Task Manager, Processes tab, and End Task on any "QuickBooks (32-bit)" entries. Or click on the Details tab and end the "QBW32.exe" processes.
3. Once QuickBooks is no longer open, open File Explorer and navigate to your QBPRINT file (Note: you may need to click on File Explorer's "view" tab and enable "Hidden items"):
If using QuickBooks US Enterprise - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\(QuickBooks_version)\TSPrinterSettings\
If using QuickBooks US Premier - C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20##\
If using QuickBooks Canada (any verison) - C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20##\
4. Enter the folder and delete the QBPRINT.qbp file
5. Start QuickBooks again. The next time you print the QBPRINT file will be regenerated.
6. If you are not confident that the QBPRINT file was deleted properly, please see the method below, which is fail proof.