To setup your POP or IMAP email address within your QuickBooks company file, please follow these steps:
1. Choose Edit / Preferences / Send Forms / My Preferences tab
2. Choose "Web Mail" and then "Add"
3. Enter your email address, and choose your email provider. If it's not a Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail account, choose "other". You'll have to enter your email host's SMTP info. If you do not know this info you will need to contant your email host (we do not have or know this info). You can possibly find this info by searching the internet.
4. SSL may or may not need to be enabled, depending on your email host. I recommend leaving it disabled and then try sending an email or invoice. If it fails to send go back and enable it and try again.
* Also be sure to enable QuickBooks cookies
* Gmail users may need to enable the less secure apps setting. Also if you use Gmail or Hotmail please launch IE from the server and log into your email account. This will alert gmail or hotmail that you are logging into your account from a new device (which is the server).
* If you have 2-Factor Authentication turned on through your email host it will not work within QuickBooks. 2FA on your email account must be turned off in order for your account to properly function within QuickBooks.
Following the above steps should allow you to email from QuickBooks. If you followed the steps but still unable to email, be positive that you have the correct SMTP info. If so please contact Intuit for further assistance.
Intuit contact numbers:
• Intuit - 866-340-7237
• Intuit Canada - 877-772-9158
• Intuit Payroll - 866-223-5562
• Intuit Registration - 800-316-1068