Accountant editions of QuickBooks (QuickBooks Premier Accountant or QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant) have this nifty feature called the Accountant Center that contains a suite of tools to help accountants. However, by default, the Accountant Center is set to automatically appear when a QB file is opened in an Accountant's Edition...and that can be annoying as it opens at startup every time.
Thus, we can disable the show Accountant Center when opening a company file option for the QB installation to save our clients a few inconvenient extra clicks.
Disable the Accountant Center at Startup
- Log into the server with QuickBooks Accountant's Edition
- Browse to the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks *Year number*\ directory on the server
- Right-click the QBW.ini file, select Properties, and then uncheck the Read-only attribute
- Launch the QuickBooks application and open a sample QuickBooks file
- When the Accountant Center appears, uncheck Show Accountant Center when opening a company file
- Close the sample QuickBooks file
- Open the same QBW.ini file, remove any name that appears in the LASTUSERNAME= line, and then Save
- Right-click the QBW.ini file, select Properties, and re-check the Read-only attribute
If the Accountant Center did not appear when opening the sample QuickBooks file, go to Accountant > Accountant Center from the top menu and double-check to make sure that option is deselected.