Sample steps are for a DropBox folder from the local C drive for Windows or Locate Disk 0 for MAC users however these steps can be applied to any application.
* Please make sure drives are enabled:
- Sign in to your server.
- Open File Explorer (folder icon on the Task Bar) and navigate to your local computer’s Dropbox folder.
- Right-click on the folder Dropbox and click Create Shortcut. A shortcut will be created within the folder.
- Drag and Drop the shortcut icon to the Desktop.
- If a pop-up window shows asking you to confirm you wish to “copy to Desktop” confirm it
- Right-click on the shortcut for Dropbox and click Properties.
- Copy the entire contents from the box next to Target, including any quotation marks.
- Paste this into the box next to “Start in.” This will ensure that the shortcut remains on your desktop each time you sign in and out of your customized cloud.
Other things you can do:
- Drag a copy of the new shortcut into the “Quick Launch” area of your toolbar.
- You can drag a copy of the shortcut into your “Favorites” area within File Explorer.
- If you wish to change the icon so that it looks different than a normal folder:
- Right-click the shortcut
- Click Properties
- Click on the tab that reads Shortcut.
- Click on the Change Icon… button at the bottom of the window.
- A window will open, allowing you to select the icon of your choice.