How do I find my company file in QuickBooks?
- Open QuickBooks from the Applications folder.
- Close the first window "QuickBooks Desktop Setup".
- Click on Open or Restore an Existing company
- Click on “Open a company file” in the “Open or Restore Company” window and click “Next.”
- Navigate to the file location.
Click on the drop-down menu next to “Look in,” select “My Shared Data (S:)”, and click “Open.”
Alternatively, if you know where your QuickBooks company files are already, you may navigate directly to the folder.
- Select the desired company file to open, sample file (screenshot). * If you want to always open your file in Multi-user click on "Open file multi-user mode" box.
- Click on the desired company file in the following window, and then click “Next.”
- Log in to your company file