- Open your QuickBooks company file
- In the upper-left corner of the program window, click File
- Click Back-up Company
- Click Create Local Backup.
- In the new window, make sure the radio button next to Local backup is selected, then click Next.
- If a new window appears called Backup Options, click Browse, and choose a location to save your backup file to that you’ll remember.
- Click OK.
- In the next window, make sure the radio button next to Save it now is selected, then click Next.
- Save the file.
Article is closed for comments.