Google has stopped supporting third-party apps:
This means you will need to turn on MFA and create an app password in order to connect to your application.
The following guide walks you through the process:
Create & Use App Passwords
If you use 2-Step-Verification and get a "password incorrect" error when you sign in, you can try to use an App Password.
- Go to your Google Account.
- Select Security.
- Under "Signing in to Google," select App Passwords. You may need to sign in. If you don’t have this option, it might be because:
- 2-Step Verification is not set up for your account.
- 2-Step Verification is only set up for security keys.
- Your account is through work, school, or another organization.
- You turned on Advanced Protection.
Tip: Most of the time, you’ll only have to enter an App Password once per app or device, so don’t worry about memorizing it.