If you are an Admin on your server you can install the dot release updates that Sage occasionally releases. For example, if you currently have Sage 50 2022.1 and Sage releases 2022.3, you can install it. This is a process that generally takes around five minutes.
Note: If you close Sage and receive the message "There is a program update ready to be installed. Please have an administrator log in and install the updates on the machine that is hosting Sage 50", that means that Sage already downloaded the update to your server, and you can skip straight down to step number 5.
1. Log into your server and launch Sage 50 by right-clicking on the icon and selecting Run as Administrator
2. Click on Services> Check For Updates> Check Now
3. If any results say "Entitled", check that update(s) and click Download
4. Once the download has been completed close Sage 50. Click Ok on the message: "There is a program update ready to be installed. Please have an administrator log in and install the updates on the machine that is hosting Sage 50".
5. Open File Explorer (folder icon on the Task Bar) and browse to the Sage updates folder:
Note: The updates are kept in the same directory as the company databases in a folder named Updates. Typically this location is C:\Sage\Peachtree\Company\Updates or S:\Sage Data\Updates
6. Right-click on the update and click Run as Administrator.
Note: They are usually labeled similar to "PTXA2021.3.0.exe", which would mean it's the Sage 50 2021.3 update or "Sage50_2012.0.0.Upgrade" which would mean you have an application version upgrade. It is important to pay attention to the file name (year and dot release).
7. If a window named "windows installer coordinator" appears and says "Please wait while the application is preparing for the first use" go ahead and click Cancel.
Note: This window may appear behind the Sage window, so be sure to move the Sage window around.
8. Continue with the installation of the update (if the update lasts longer than 10 minutes, cancel the update, launch Sage 50 and check your version to see if it was updated).
9. Once it has finished you can now launch Sage 50 and follow the prompts to convert your data as needed.