This error often occurs due to your server name being entered incorrectly within your RDP file. In order to resolve this, please see the steps below:
1. Right-click on the RDP file you are using to log into the server.
2. Click Edit from the menu.
3. Under the General tab you will see a spot for Computer. This is where your server name should be entered. If you have "login.summithosting.com" or "login.summithosting.ca" entered in this field, this is incorrect and is the reason for the error you are receiving. Delete what you see in this field and enter the name of your server (it will be a variation of your company name).
Note: If you do not know your server name refer to your server admin or contact Summit Hosting Support.
4. Click Save and close the window.
5. Double-click your RDP file and you should be able to connect to your server normally.
Please sign in to leave a comment.