If you are the Admin of your server, you can install the "R" releases that Intuit occasionally releases. For example, if you currently have QuickBooks Premier 2020 R5 and Intuit releases R6, you can install it! This is a quick process, generally around ten minutes.
How to let QuickBooks search for and install updates
- Log in to the server using your typical login credentials.
- Be sure no one is logged into the server (use the server's Task Manager to ensure all other users are logged off the server).
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on the Desktop, and select Run as Administrator from the dropdown menu.
- When prompted, enter the Admin credentials for your server.
*Your admin credentials should have been provided to you by a member of the Summit Hosting Support team. If you are the admin user on the account and do not have your local Admin credentials, please submit a ticket at ticket.summithosting.com
- Click OK to launch QuickBooks and choose the Install Now option that populates. Or if it does not populate, click on the Help> Update QuickBooks> Update Now> Get Updates.
- Allow the updates to download; when finished, exit QuickBooks and re-launch it selecting Run as Administrator
- If the server requires a reboot after the update has been completed it will prompt you. Go ahead and allow the reboot. Wait a few minutes to allow the server to boot back up, and then log back in.
If updates fail or you see an error when attempting to install updates
- Navigate to https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products
- Select a Country, Product and Year:
- Click Search, and then select Get the latest updates
- Right-Click on the downloaded file and click Run as Administrator and the updates will install
Please sign in to leave a comment.