The solutions listed below are something that needs to be done on the user's local computer.
What settings to check on your MAC:
Solution I: Adding a Generic PCL Printer
1. Go to the Apple icon then System Preferences.
2. Click on Printers and Scanners.
3. Highlight the printer you are currently using and click on the Plus (+) sign to add a new printer.
4. When the Add window shows up highlight the printer again, and under the Name field, you can rename the printer to whatever you want to know that this is a newly added printer.
5. Click on the Use field drop-down arrow and choose Generic PCL Printer driver and click Add.
6. Another window will come up. Click OK.
*Do not click on the Duplexer check box.
7. Test printing to make sure you can print from your local computer using the newly added printer.
8. Once tested and confirmed printing, log back to the remote desktop and print again.
Solution II: Change Printing defaults on a MAC OSX Driver
1. Log into your MAC as an Admin user
2. Open Safari and enter http://localhost:631
Note: By default, on 10.8, access to the cups page is blocked. To enable it, open terminal and type sudo cupsctl webinterface=yes . Enter the admin password when prompted and then refresh the safari view.
3. With the cups web page open, select the Printers tab and then select the printer you want to modify.
4. From the Administration drop menu, change to set default options.
5. This will show a new page with four menu headings (links), options installed, general, banners, and policies. Click General.
6. Scroll down the list until you see the print style menu. Change it from 2 sided to 1 sided.
7. Scroll down the page until you see the set default options button and click on it to save the change. Note: You will then be prompted to authenticate to cups.
8. Enter the account name and password that has been set as the admin for this mac.
9. Click the Login button.
You will then see another page stating that the information change is completed.
10. You can now check that the change has been successful by selecting to print this page from safari. 11. 11. With the correct printer selected, change to the relevant menu to ensure your modification has worked.
Solution III: Use TSPrint
This is a third-party application that works well with printing in a terminal server environment. Check the details on their website:
What settings to change within QuickBooks:
- Log in to the terminal server as an administrator.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the "File" menu.
- Select "Printer Setup" and choose the printer you want to use.
- Click on the "Properties" button.
- In the Properties window, select the "Features" or "Advanced" tab.
- Look for an option to enable or disable duplex (double-sided) printing.
- Make sure that the duplex printing option is disabled.
- Click "OK" to save the changes and try printing again.
- Instruct all users who are connected to the terminal server to close their QuickBooks session, then re-open it to apply the change
Note: If this option is not available on your printer properties, you can try to check the settings of your printer driver or check the manual of your printer to find out how to enable or disable duplex printing.