Change Printing defaults on a MAC OSX Driver
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5244577 === source
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr578CR3oEY = video
- Log into your MAC as an Admin user
- Open Safari and enter http://localhost:631
- By default on version 10.8 access to the cups page is blocked.
- To enable it, use the search box in the top-right hand corner of your screen, and search for Terminal then type sudo cupsctl webinterface=yes
- Enter the admin password when prompted and then refresh the Safari view.
- With the cups web page open, select the printers tab and then select the printer you want to modify.
- From the administration drop menu, change to set default options.
- This will show a new page with four menu headings (links); Installed, General, Banners and Policies. Click General.
- Scroll down the list until you see the print style menu. change it from 2 sided to 1 sided
- Scroll down the page until you see the set default options button.
- Click on this button to save the change. You will then be prompted to authenticate to cups.
- Enter the account name and password that has been set as the admin for this MAC. and then click the log in button.
- You will then see another page stating that the information change is completed.
- You can now check that the change was successful by selecting to print this page from Safari.
- With the correct printer selected, change to the relevant menu to ensure your modification has worked.
Please sign in to leave a comment.