Multi-user access error when opening QuickBooks files (error -6098,5)
Users receive this message when opening QuickBooks files (see screenshot).
Requirements to Complete this Process:
- Admin access to the server.
Steps and Screenshots:
- Check if the QuickBooks DBManager service for QuickBooks is running. If not running, start the service.
- You can check it by clicking Start then typing Services.msc and pressing Enter.
- The DB Manager(s) will be listed as QuickBooksDB## where ## is associated with the version number.
- If unable to start the DBManager service or if you receive an "Access Denied" error (screenshot below). Open the DBManager by right-clicking on it and selecting Properties then go to the Log On tab and change the logon to the Local System account
- Start the DBManager service and open QuickBooks again.