TruGrid Connector for Mac is Summit Hosting's latest way to log into your server. With its built-in, optional Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), and ability to access your server from an application as well as a web portal, it offers better security and even easier access wherever and whenever you need it.
If you are utilizing MFA, the following steps will bring you through the process of setting up your TruGrid Connector on your Mac. If you are not currently set up to use MFA, please check out our TruGrid Basic Setup Guide for Mac.
Step One: Log in to the TruGrid Portal
- Enter your login name and then select click Continue(your login name will be the same as your current Summit Hosting username, but with @summithosting.com at the end.)
- Enter your password and then click CONTINUE
Section Two: Setup Your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- From your smartphone, install the TruGrid Authenticator application from the App Store (iOS or Android).
- Open the TruGrid Authenticator mobile app.
- Select the + sign on the top right. This will open your camera. Accept any prompt from your phone to allow TruGrid to use your camera to scan the MFA setup QR code.
- Use your smartphone to scan the TruGrid QR code displayed on your computer browser.
- From the TruGrid Authenticator application on your Smart Phone, select Allow.
- Enter your mobile phone number and activate MFA. Note: You can always reset your MFA in the future
- When done, your browser will take you to the TruGrid Workspace and display the desktop(s) assigned to you.
Section Three: Install TruGrid Mac Connector software
- At the TruGrid Workspace, you have the option to connect to an assigned desktop via the browser. If you'd like to connect using the web browser, you will need to install the TruGrid Web Launcher Agent. However, we recommend, using the desktop agent instead. To use the desktop agent, download the TruGrid Desktop Connector because you can then launch desktops without having to log into the website. To use the TruGrid Desktop Connector, click HERE and follow the instructions to download and install it.
NOTE: TruGrid Mac Connector requires that the Microsoft RDP client be installed on your Mac. Please visit the App Store to install it if it is not already installed.
2. After installation is complete, close the browser and open the TruGrid Desktop Connector
Section Four: Pin the TruGrid Mac Connector (also called TruGrid Native Connector) icon to your desktop
- Open the Mac Finder
- Navigate to the Applications folder and look for TruGrid Native Connector in the window.
- Drag and drop the icon on your desktop to create a desktop shortcut
Section Five: Log in to the TruGrid Desktop Connector
- The TruGrid Desktop Connector opens after installation. To log in, enter your server username and select Continue.
- Enter your password.
- Click to select the Authenticator Code field.
- From your smartphone, accept the login request. This will reveal the desktop or applications assigned to you.
- Check the Remember Me box if you would like the application to remember your credentials for next time.
Section Six: Launch Your Remote Desktop
- Click once on the assigned desktop
- Accept the End User Agreement (if the first time launching a desktop)
- Your remote desktop should open, and you're in!
NOTE: If your desktop does not load, it may be because the Microsoft RDP application is awaiting your input. Drag the TruGrid Mac Connector aside and respond to the Microsoft RDP prompt
Click the desktop again if necessary. Your remote desktop should open.
The next time you need to connect to your remote desktop:
- Open the TruGrid Desktop Connector application by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
- Click in the Authentication Code field
- Accept the login request on your mobile phone
- Launch the remote desktop
FAQ's and Related Articles:
How do I move my data from my computer to my server?