If you are currently using vWorkspace, TruGrid Connector for Mac is here and it's Summit Hosting's latest way to log into your server. With its built-in, optional Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), and ability to access your server from an application as well as a web portal, it offers better security and even easier access wherever and whenever you need it.
If you are utilizing MFA, the following steps will bring you through the process of setting up your TruGrid Connector on your Mac. If you are not currently set up to use MFA, please check out our TruGrid Basic Setup Guide for Mac.
Section One: Install TruGrid Mac Connector software
- To use the desktop agent, download the TruGrid Desktop Connector because you can then launch desktops without having to log into the website. To use the TruGrid Desktop Connector, click HERE and follow the instructions to download and install it.
NOTE:TruGrid Mac Connector requires that the Microsoft RDP client be installed on your Mac. Please visit the App Store to install it if it is not already installed.
2. After installation is complete, close the browser and open the TruGrid Desktop Connector
Section Two: Setup Your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- From your smartphone, install the TruGrid Authenticator application from the App Store (iOS or Android).
- Open the TruGrid Authenticator mobile app.
- Select the + sign on the top right. This will open your camera. Accept any prompt from your phone to allow TruGrid to use your camera to scan the MFA setup QR code.
- Use your smartphone to scan the TruGrid QR code displayed on your computer browser.
- From the TruGrid Authenticator application on your Smart Phone, select Allow.
- Enter your mobile phone number and activate MFA. Note: You can always reset your MFA in the future
- When done, your browser will take you to the TruGrid Workspace and display the desktop(s) assigned to you.
Section Three: Pin the TruGrid Mac Connector (also called TruGrid Native Connector) icon to your desktop
- Open the Mac Finder
- Navigate to the Applications folder and look for TruGrid Native Connector in the window.
- Drag and drop the icon on your desktop to create a desktop shortcut
Section Four: Log in to the TruGrid Desktop Connector
- The TruGrid Desktop Connector opens after installation. To log in, enter your server username and select Continue.
- Enter your password.
- Click to select the Authenticator Code field.
- From your smartphone, accept the login request. This will reveal the desktop or applications assigned to you.
- Check the Remember Me box if you would like the application to remember your credentials for next time.
Section Five: Launch Your Remote Desktop
- Click once on the assigned desktop
- Accept the End User Agreement (if the first time launching a desktop)
- Your remote desktop should open, and you're in!
NOTE: If your desktop does not load, it may be because the Microsoft RDP application is awaiting your input. Drag the TruGrid Mac Connector aside and respond to the Microsoft RDP prompt
Click the desktop again if necessary. Your remote desktop should open.
The next time you need to connect to your remote desktop:
- Open the TruGrid Desktop Connector application by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
- Click in the Authentication Code field
- Accept the login request on your mobile phone
- Launch the remote desktop
FAQ's and Related Articles:
How do I move my data from my computer to my server?