The TruGrid Connector for Windows PC is here and it's Summit Hosting's latest way to log into your server. With its built-in, optional Multi-Factor Authentication and ability to access your server from an application as well as a web portal, it offers better security and even easier access wherever and whenever you need it.
The following steps will bring you through the basic setup process of the TruGrid Connector for Windows PC. These steps will bring users who do not utilize multifactor authentication (MFA) through the setup and configuration process. If you are a user who will be utilizing Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), please use our TruGrid Advanced Setup Guide to complete your setup process.
Requirements for Installation: Windows computer, internet access, and login credentials to the Summit Hosting environment.
Section One: Download and install the TruGrid Windows Connector
- On your Windows computer, download the TruGrid Windows Connector from https://www.trugrid.com/downloads/winconnector. This will download a file named "TruGrid_Windows_Connector_Installer".
- Once the download is complete, open the downloaded installer (check your downloads folder if you do not see it at the bottom of your browser), which will open the following popup window:
- Click Install.
Section Two: Log into TruGrid
- Enter your username into the window that opens (the username is your current Summit Hosting username you use to log into vWorkspace)
- Enter your server password and click continue.
Section Three: Launch your virtual desktop
- Click on the computer name listed under Computer Type, which will display the Connect button to the right of it.
- Click on the Connect button to launch your virtual desktop.
Section Four: First time launching a TruGrid connected desktop
The following three sections will only happen the first time that you connect to the virtual desktop. All subsequent logins will not present these screens.
End-User License Agreement (EULA)
The first time that you attempt to launch a virtual desktop with TruGrid, you will be presented with a EULA page. Feel free to read the contents and click the I agree when you are ready to proceed.
Windows Permissions to Launch
Windows might ask permission to launch the virtual desktop. Check the box labeled Don't ask me again for remote connections from this publisher and then click Connect
Windows Firewall Exception
If a Windows Defender Firewall dialog opens, confirm that there are checks in the two boxes and click on Allow Access
Note: You may need to contact your local IT support if you do not have local administrator rights on your local workstation used to connect to the virtual desktop.
FAQ's and Related Articles:
How do I move my data from my computer to my server?
How do I locate my company file the first time I open QuickBooks?
How do I locate my company file the first time I open Sage?
How do I set up my printers to work from the server?
Please sign in to leave a comment.