If your user is unable to copy files from the server to the local machine via Disk0 in file explorer, we will need to update the drive access for vWorkspace.
- Sign off of the server using the logoff icon.
- On the Mac- click the Apple logo on the top left of the display and select System Preferences.
- Select Security and Privacy. Then on the left, click Full Disk Access.
- In Full Disk Access click the Lock in the lower left and enter the Mac Admin password to unlock changes to the settings.
- Click the Plus to add another application
- Click the Applications folder on the left then vWorkspace within it. Once selected click Open to add the application to Full Disk Access, then sign back into the server.
- Once on the server, open File Explorer (folder icon on the taskbar)
- Click This PC and locate your Disk0 drive. Then test copying a file to your Mac via File Explorer.
- Right-click on your local desktop, then uncheck the Use Stacks feature.
- Log back into the remote desktop and try the copy/paste function again.