If you are the Admin of your server, you can install the updates that Sage occasionally releases. For example, if you currently have Sage 50 2020.2 and Sage releases 2020.3, you can install it! This is a quick process, generally around ten minutes.
Note: If you close Sage and receive the message "There is a program update ready to be installed. Please have an administrator login and install the updates on the machine that is hosting Sage 50", that means that Sage already downloaded the update to your server, and you can skip straight down to step number 6.
1. Log into your server as you normally would.
2. Right-click on Sage 50 and select "Run as Administrator" from the dropdown menu.
3. Enter the Admin credentials when prompted.
3. Click on "Services" > "Check For Updates" > "Check Now"
4. If any results say "Entitled", check that update(s) and choose "Download"
5. Once the download has completed close Sage 50. Press OK on the message: "There is a program update ready to be installed. Please have an administrator login and install the updates on the machine that is hosting Sage 50".
6. Open the shortcut that should be located on your desktop for the Sage Updates folder.
*If you do not have this shortcut, please ask our support team to place one for you by submitting a ticket.
7. Right-click on the update file and select "Run as Administrator" from the dropdown menu.
*The update files are usually labeled similar to "PTXA2017.2.0.exe", which would mean it's the Sage 50 2017.2 update or "Sage50_2018.0.0.Upgrade" which would mean you have an application version upgrade. The updates are approximately 65MB or 65,000 KB in size. Just pay attention to the file name (year and dot release).
8. Enter the Admin credentials as needed.
9. If a window named "windows installer coordinator" appears and says "Please wait while the application is preparing for the first use" go ahead and click Cancel.
Note: This window may appear behind the Sage window, so be sure to move the Sage window around.
10. Continue with the installation of the update (if the update lasts longer than 10 minutes, cancel the update, launch Sage 50, and check your version to see if it was updated).
11. Once it has finished you can now launch Sage 50 and follow the prompts to convert your data.