Change Printing defaults on a MAC OSX Driver
1. Login as Admin user in MAC
2. Open Safari and enter http://localhost:631
By default on 10.8, access to the cups page is blocked. to enable it, open terminal and type "sudo cupsctl webinterface=yes" (without the quotation marks). enter the admin password when prompted and then refresh the safari view.
3. with the cups web page open, select the printers tab and then select the printer you want to modify. then from the administration drop menu, change to "set default options".
4. this will show a new page with four menu headings (links); options installed, general, banners and policies. select general.
5. scroll down the list until you see the print style menu. change it from 2 sided to 1 sided and then scroll down the page until you see the set default options button.
6. click on this button to save the change. you will then be prompted to authenticate to cups.
7. enter the account name and password that has been set as the admin for this mac. and then press the log in button. you will then see another page stating that the information change is completed.
8. you can now check that the change has been successful by selecting to print this page from safari. with the correct printer selected, change to the relevant menu to ensure your modification has worked.