Note: Due to the nature of devices, we cannot ensure 100% connectivity for all networks that the device may be connected to.
1. Install the software:
• Install the "Microsoft Remote Desktop" (by Microsoft Corporation) application on your device:
• Android - Use the Google Play Store
• Apple iOS - Use the Apple App Store
2. Setup Microsoft Remote Desktop (below steps are for Android, however the steps for iOS are essentially the same):
• Once installed, accept the license agreement
• Choose the plus (+) symbol
• Choose "Desktop"
• Choose "Add Manually"
• "Host name or IP address" - Enter your server name (not IP Address) (your server name was included in the initial Welcome email we sent to you, along with your user names)
• "User Name" - Choose "Add user account" and enter:
Both Summit Canada and USA - SummitHosting\your_username
• Choose "Show additional options"
• Add Gateway:
Summit Canada - login.summithosting.ca
Summit US - login.summithosting.com
• Choose "Save" (at the top)
• Click on the remote desktop connection that you just created to connect to your server
Note: Apple iOS devices - If asked for a URL please enter the following: https://mylogin.myownasp.com/rdweb/feed/webfeed.aspx