How To Transfer QuickBooks Company File To The Hosted Server
- Make a backup of the company file
- Log in to the server from a computer that has access to the backup of the company file
- Resize/minimize the server so you can see your local computer (workstation)
- Navigate to the backup of the company file and right-click on it then click Copy
- Reopen the remote window to the server
- Right-click where you want to place the backup file and click Paste
- Once it finishes copying to the server open QuickBooks and restore the company from the transferred backup.
- To create a QuickBooks backup file (.qbb):
- Open your QuickBooks company file
- Click File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
- Click Local Backup
- Click Options
- Click Browse
- Browse to the folder where you would like to place the backup file
- Make sure "Complete Verification" is selected
- Click OK then Choose Use This Location (if asked)
- Click Next> Save It Now> Next
- Leave the default name and click Save
- Your QuickBooks .qbb backup file will be saved in the specified location.
- To restore a QuickBooks backup file (.qbb):
- Open QuickBooks
- Click Open an existing company file (if you get the "Let's set up your business" window, close it)
- Click Restore a backup copy> Local backup
- Browse to wherever you placed your QuickBooks backup (.qbb backup file)
- Click Next which will bring you to the "Save Company File as" window. Here is where you will choose where the company file will be stored.
Note: The default location could be any one of the following:
- Once the restore process finishes you should be prompted to log into your company file
Article is closed for comments.