QuickBooks error 6073 is one of the most common errors of QuickBooks. QuickBooks error code 6073 usually happens when someone opens the company file in multi-user mode. Error 6073 is encountered when a user tries to open a file, which has already been opened by another user. And, error 6073 would not allow you to access the company file.
Causes for the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6073
- The file might be open in another PC in the single-user mode.
- The file might be located in the read-only network folder.
- The document might be being accessed using a remote operating system.
Due to one of the above-mentioned reasons, you may encounter Error- 6073. As a result, it won’t allow you to access the company file.
Solution1:Download QuickBooks file doctor and run it.
- First you need to download the QuickBooks file doctor application.
- Once the download is complete, have an administrator install it on your computer.
- Run the QuickBooks file doctor as an Administrator
- This may take some time, depending on the size of the file.
- It will recognize the issue and fix it.
Solution 2: Resolving QuickBooks Error 6073 manually.
Case 1: If the company file is already open in another workstation in single-user mode.
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop Application on all the computers.
- On one session open your company file.
- Go to the File menu and then select Switch to multi-user mode.
- If you still have the same issue, reboot the server.
- Case 1: If the company file is already open in another workstation in single-user mode.
Note: Your Server admin or Summit Support can assist with this.
Case 2: If your company file is opened in single-user mode in the host device.
- Navigate to the File menu and select the option Close the company.
- Reopen the company file making sure to open the file in multi-user mode
Case 3: If the company file is located in a read-only network folder.
- Go to the server in which your company file is being hosted.
- Browse for then open the folder in which the company file is present.
- Right-click on the folder and then click Properties.
- Under the General Tab uncheck Read-only
- Click Apply
- Click OK
Solution 3: Renaming .ND files.
- Open Windows
- Find the folder that has the company file.
- Look for files with .ND
- Right-click the file.
- Click Rename.
- Rename these files by adding OLD to the start of the name.
Solution 4: Using Quick fix my program to fix QuickBooks error 6073.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Install QuickBooks Tool Hub as an Administrator
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub as an Administrator
- Go to the Program Problems tab.
- Click on Quick Fix my Program.
- Restart QuickBooks.
If you continue to have issues contact Intuit Support for assistance. To contact Intuit Support, please see the numbers listed below:
- Intuit - 866-340-7237
- Intuit Canada - 866-935-7237
If Intuit does return a solution that requires our assistance, please reply and we will work with their instructions.