**If you have Windows Home Edition please scroll towards the bottom of this page. You will not be able to perform the GPEdit steps listed immediately below**
This error is currently being caused by a recently released Windows update that was installed on your local computer. This update causes this error when trying to make any connections via RDP.
1. In order to resolve this problem, you will need to go into the Group Policy Editor of your local PC. You can do this by searching for "EDIT GROUP POLICY" in your start menu and opening the window shown below.
2. Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Credentials Delegation
3. Then in the right side window find the setting called "Encryption Oracle Remediation" and click the "Edit policy setting" button.
4. Set it to Enabled. Then change the Protection Level "Vulnerable" (the original setting before the update).
5. Then click the Apply button first at the bottom of the window and then the OK button.
6. Restart your local computer.
7. Once the restart is complete you should be able to connect again.
If you have problems editing your computer group policy, or do not have access to it, you will need to contact your local IT department for assistance with these steps.
*If you are a user of Windows Home Edition and Not Pro*
You do not have the settings listed in our troubleshooting steps, so alternatively you can uninstall the update causing this issue entirely, and we also recommend turning off automatic updates within Windows 10 (if you are running that OS). You can uninstall the updates by going Windows Update History, finding one of the updates listed below, and then clicking Uninstall. It is our understanding that Windows will be releasing a patch for this error soon but a timetable is currently not available for it to be released. A list of updates that could be uninstalled is below and will be depending on the operating system that you are currently running:
Windows 10 for 32-bit and x64-based Systems KB4103716
Windows 10 Version 1511 for 32-bit and x64-based Systems KB4103728
Windows 10 Version 1607 for 32-bit and x64-based Systems KB4103723
Windows 10 Version 1703 for 32-bit and x64-based Systems KB4103731
Windows 10 Version 1709 for 32-bit and x64-based Systems KB4103727
Windows 10 Version 1803 for 32-bit and x64-based System KB4103721
Windows 7 for 32-bit and 64 bit Systems Service Pack 1 KB4103718 OR KB4103712
Windows 8.1 for 32-bit and 64Bit system KB4103725 OR KB4103715
Windows RT 8.1 KB4103725