Creating a local drive shortcut folder
This will assist in navigating the client's frequently accessed local computer folder.
Requirements to Complete this Process:
- Server access.
Steps and Screenshots:
- Log in to the server.
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the local drive folder.
- Right-click and create a shortcut to Desktop or the preferred location.
- Once the shortcut is created, right-click on the shortcut, then click Properties.
- Copy the entire "Target" entry to the "Start in" field:
- Click OK.
- The next time the client signs out and signs back in, the folder shortcut should remain. Unless the client renames the folder or changes the folder location or any changes, then the client will need to re-create a new shortcut link.
Additional URLs or References (as needed):
Article is closed for comments.